Shortly before Christmas, artist and Facebook friend, Golders DeWitt (FB page), sent me a message: Would I be interested in beading one of her works of art? Tell me more, I responded as I gleefully rubbed my little hands together in anticipation. She sent me photos, approximate size and very few directions. (I liked that last one a lot.)
Earlier this month, the art-on-fabric arrived, in duplicate. Golders had included one for me to keep for myself! …. I have already discussed, at length, the possibilities for this second piece with my mother (master quilter lady). It may eventually become the centerpiece of a quilted and beaded wall-hanging…but I digress ….
Prepping fabric for beading:
1. Hand-wash with a mild detergent and dry flat
2. Iron with low heat and trim edges
3. Sew together with 100% cotton batting and linen backing
4. Lightly press again and hand-stitch opening closed
5. Select seed bead colors and 4mm glass pearls