Thursday, April 14, 2011

Miniature Art Close to My Heart

Recently my friend, artist Melody Lea Lamb www.miniatureanimalart.com/ put her talents to work and delighted me with an ACEO of my sweet dog, Nikky. For those who may not know what an ACEO is, here is the definition from Melody's blog:

In 2004 the unique little art form known as ACEO (Art Cards Editions and Originals) was born on eBay. ATC (Art Trading Cards) have been around for centuries and are usually traded or exchanged rather than sold. In contrast, artists primarily create ACEOs with the intention of selling them. ACEOs came to be as a result of the public's interest in acquiring and collecting these tiny works of art that were (up until the ACEO) strictly traded between artists.

My family adopted Nikky when he was just 8 weeks old from a breeder in Wisconsin. St. Nicholas of Crocus (his official name by which he was never ever called) was a Maltese and spent the next 14 years as a much-loved member of my immediate and extended family. Nick passed away 5 years ago. But he will never be forgotten. And, thanks to Melody, I have this beautiful ACEO to keep with me always.


Melody also had Nick's portrait transferred to fabric by www.spoonflower.com/welcome so I could create and bead pillows for family and my Etsy shop.
I have begun the process and, through my blog, will share it with you.





The backing has been chosen and the first pillow sewn and stuffed. Next step: choosing the beads....and that will be another day, another post...

3 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

Looks great so far!

Have a wonderful weekend!
<><
http://ChristieCottage.blogspot.com

Audrey said...

What a great idea!
Looks amazing :)

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Oh my goodness, it is looking SO cute! I love to see how my miniature art looks all printed and pillowed.
Adorable, Karen.