Sunday, September 25, 2011

Blessed!

Although I did not attend church today (and I have no good excuse; the church is practically next-door) I recognize that I am blessed. Blessed to the max. I am sitting in my favorite spot on my golden-tan leather sectional. I have Grandma Dagmar's blue Fiesta-ware cup next to me with piping hot white tea. I have just baked cookies and cheese-filled bread sticks. A kettle of wild rice corn chowder is simmering on the stove. My hubby's in his recliner a foot away and the Vikings are on the big flat screen in front of us. Did I mention I AM BLESSED? Let me add: I am healthy. I am happy.  My family is healthy and happy. And the topper? The sun is shining and the leaves in the woods by my house are turning  brilliant shades of gold, red and orange. I didn't go to church today but I am reminded and surrounded by the wonders of my Maker no matter where I am.

Blessings to you!

No comments: