Saturday, January 14, 2012

Resolution Update

Over a year ago I started work on Butterflies & Pearls. I knew I wanted to create a set of matching beaded pillows but found the fabric pattern did not support beads well. So the project was scrapped (oh dear...what a pun!) Mindful of my resolution I completed Butterflies & Pearls...leaving the pillow fronts bead-free and beading only the sides of each of the 4 pillows with medium faux pearls. Simply lovely.


Another project left in the closet until this morning was a large pillow made of black fabric with a fruit tree design. I decided it would make a much sweeter beaded hanger so I cut the pillow apart, took the largest fruit (an apple?) and made it an applique on the back of the hanger. I'm in the process of beading the smaller fruit on the front.


I'm happy to report that the floral pillow shown in my last post has been completed. Yay! It'll soon be listed in my Etsy shop.





2 comments:

Lizzie Barbie said...

They are all gorgeous!

Della said...

Karen, The Butterflies and Pearls are exquisite, as are all of your beading projects! I really love the floral pillow, too! Congrats on getting some of those projects done!!!