Monday, January 23, 2012

Sister Elephant: Work-in-Progress

A very brief time ago I resolved to complete projects before beginning new ones. I've done a pretty good job ~ many little pillow, big pillows, coasters and ornaments have been finished. Some have appeared in my Etsy shop, others have been taken to the "real" shops that sell The Beaded Pillow items ~ (Beelighted in Zumbrota, MN and Scrub Your Butt Soap Co. & Other Parts Too in Rochester, MN).

While I was completing projects I found a fabric swatch in one of my many drapery fabric sample books. On that note I have begun an ambitious new project: Sister Elephant. Sister Elephant had a companion piece, in a different color, that I turned into a beautiful beaded pillow I named Princess Elephant last year. PE became one of my all-time favorite pillows so I am very excited to create Sister Elephant.

Sister Elephant, happily on her way to becoming a cool beaded pillow.

This palm tree was the lower half of the elephant swatch; now an applique sewn onto the back of this new pillow.

6 comments:

lorenabr said...

Love the fist pillow! Elephants are so cute!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

That elephant is going to be gorgeous when she's done. Where do you find your material?

Della said...

I have not quite started on finishing up my projects. I've been trying to restock my shop first.

The elephant is awesome! Love them! I wish I had a larger house so I could have an animal theme room.

The Beaded Pillow said...

Your lovely comments keep me motivated. LOL My fabrics come from a drapery maker friend who kindly gives me all her sample books;this is why so many of my pillows are OOAK's.

Lizzie Barbie said...

The elephant is very cool and I adore palm trees, I know they'll be awesome beaded pillows!

Unknown said...

Karen,
You have been a busy artist! Love the Sister Elephant pillow and your new year's resolution too. Keep up the great work!
Venetia