Wednesday, August 15, 2012

She Kissed a Frog

And found her Prince.

After 2 years of dating a very nice young man, my daughter and he got engaged last month. The wedding is set for next July; plenty of time to get things in order. I'm very excited and not at all anxious ~ My one and only baby girl has always been very smart, confident, opinionated, headstrong and marches to the beat of her own drum. In other words: she knows exactly what she wants for a wedding and has it nailed down. I just smile, nod and get out the credit card.

In the last couple of years she'd ask me how I knew her dad was my Mr. Right. Oh. Um. Gee, how does one know...for sure? It's a leap of faith. It truly is. But what did I say? "You have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince charming." Yeah, I said that.

After last month's Big Announcement I recalled the kiss a lot of frogs comment and remembered I had the frog and turtle panel by Julie Paschkis somewhere in my craft-room closet. I'm taking a break from Christmas items to work on it. Perhaps it'll be a gift to the bride, or her Prince.

Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs, but what about the turtle?


5 comments:

Della said...

Congrats to your daughter on her engagement! In a few years you will be enjoying spoiling a grandchild ;)

Our oldest did the big wedding, wedding planner, reception hall route. Just hand out the money and it's smooth sailing lol.

I think this pillow would be a sweet gift to her after telling her about kissing a lot of frogs before finding her prince! It's perfect!

Kim@Snug Harbor said...

Congrats and what a cute idea!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful! I'm happy for your daughter and I know you are excited!

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!!! :D

Eyelah said...

I really like that pillow. I love turtles. Congrats to your daughter.